Hemodialysis Job Summary
Provides professional Hemodialysis and Apheresis nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice. Required Qualifications
- Require a minimum of two (2) years of acute care nursing experience; preferably in critical care or hemodialysis/apheresis. If no critical care or hemodialysis/apheresis experience, enrollment into the appropriate internship program will take place upon hire/transfer. Preferred QualificationsMandatory EducationPreferred Education
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) is required within specified timeframe as outlined in the New Hire BSN Agreement policy (126.045).
- Require National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within (90) days of employment for experienced registered nurses.
- Require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire for experienced RNs and within six (6) months of hire date for new graduate RNs.
- Require Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire for experienced RNs, and within 90 (ninety) days of hire date for new graduate RNs.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License Preferred License and Certs