Full Time Office Medical Assistant with strong phlebotomy skills to run the lab and assist with clinical care Monday - Friday 7:30am -4:30pm. No nights, weekends or Holidays.
Reporting to the Clinical Leader or Clinical Manager, and under the direction and supervision of the providers, assists in the examination and treatment of patients and has proficient skills in immunization administration, treatments and surgical procedures. In addition, may be involved in other areas of medical office support including clerical, environmental and organizational.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program with minimum of one year of related experience and/or training in similar medical practice/field; OR successful completion of a Licensed Nursing Assistant program or Military medical training with at least four years of experience.
Certification, Registration, and Licensure
Certification (CMA) or registration (RMA) required.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification or Red Cross
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers.
With completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, no experience is required. Licensed Nursing Assistant must have a minimum of one year of healthcare experience. Trained Military Medic must have the equivalent of one year related experience.
Training in phlebotomy procedures preferred.
- Interviews patients in the exam room, obtaining and documenting information relevant to patient care.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients, including stocking and cleaning.
- Assists provider by preparing patients for physical examinations and by assisting with procedures.
- Follows telephone screening guidelines for answering the phone; identifies patient's health problem or concern and directs calls.
- Consistently schedules patient appointments and referrals demonstrating understanding of scheduling guidelines and patient needs. Reason for appointment is clearly documented.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for sterilization.
- Uses software (EMR, e-mail, registries, portal, etc.) following established protocols for documentation, responding to requests, and initiating appropriate tests and orders.
- Maintains clinical proficiency in practice specific competencies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in clinical skill in practice. Performs job specific requirements and other duties as assigned.
Concord Hospital is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to find out more.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact Human Resources at 603-230-7269.
Physical and Work Requirements
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Dictionary of Occupational Titles Material Handling Classification is LIGHT. The employee must regularly lift, carry or push/pull less than 10 pounds, frequently lift, carry or push/pull up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift, carry or push/pull up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to bend, climb, do repetitive motion, kneel, and perform activities that require fine motor skills, reach, smell, squat, and stand.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, far vision, near vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne pathogens, blood borne pathogens, and bodily fluids.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.