We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
At Lowell General Hospital / Tufts Medicine, we’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. Ready to grow with us?
This is a great opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, that is trained or certified as a Surgical Technologist, or that is interested in working in the OR supporting and assisting OR staff and OR patients.
In this role the LPN will provide basic medical attention to patients and assess their wellbeing as part of a larger medical team. The LPN will perform the following duties:
• Assist providers with procedures following LPN Scope of Practice and skill level/training.
• Assist the surgical team with direct and indirect patient care in the OR setting with case set up, positioning and transfer of patients, pulling instrumentation and medications for procedures and other duties as needed.
• Provide patient care according to each patient’s needs and those of the surgical team.
• Assists surgeons, anesthesia providers, RN’s and Surgical Technologists in the OR.
• This position also offers the opportunity to learn how to scrub on surgical procedures.
• Graduate of credentialed LPN program and current LPN license
• 1-3+ years of LPN experience
• Certification as Surgical Technologist a plus
• Current BLS
• Experience in an acute care hospital is preferred
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Familiar and comfortable with computers, electronic medical records, etc
What We Offer:
Not only is Lowell General Hospital an exceptional place to work, offering a culture of recognizing and valuing employees, we provide amazing opportunities for our staff:
• Competitive salaries & benefits
• 403(b) retirement with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Free on-campus parking
• Guaranteed hours and set schedule
• Career ladder opportunities
About Lowell General
For more than 125 years, Lowell General has served the Greater Lowell community with pride. We balance the first-rate care of a premier medical center with the warmth of a three-time Magnet®-recognized community hospital. As a member of our team, you’ll join over 3,000 dedicated care providers to offer complete, connected care, when and where patients need it most.
About Tufts Medicine
A healthcare system that works Tufts Medicine is more than a health system — we’re a community that empowers people to live their best lives by reimagining healthcare, advancing knowledge and pioneering discovery. Every team member plays an integral role in realizing our vision of creating the most equitable and frictionless healthcare experience in the world. Here, you’ll join an enthusiastic community that champions your growth and receive generous benefits to support you and your family’s well-being.
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.