We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
The great history of Home Health Foundation is now the future of Tufts Medicine Care at Home.
Tufts Medicine Care at Home is a proud member of Tufts Medicine, a health system that is rethinking how academic and community centers, local and national businesses, and technology and service innovators can all work together. So that clinicians can deliver expert care where it’s needed most. And, so that we can bring wellness back to health care, one person at a time.
Why Join Us? Benefits you will love, Generous earned time package, Retirement plan with employer match, Tuition reimbursement and More!
Utilizing the nursing process, the Home Health Registered Nurse will manage and deliver comprehensive home health services to clients with various medical/surgical diagnoses within their place of residence. Responsible for providing nursing care to patients and education to families in their homes; coordinates activities with other community and Agency staff and carries out special activities on assignment.
As a key member of the health care team, the Home Health Registered Nurse must interact courteously and effectively with patients and their families as well as with co-workers from all Agency departments, community resources, and with patients' physicians in order to facilitate safe and efficient patient care.
- Assess and implement physical and psychosocial needs of the patient following established Standards of Nursing Practice and VNA procedures.
- Assess and implement patient/family learning needs, style and limitations and makes adjustments for delivery of information.
- Identify abuse and/or neglect and identifies reporting mechanism per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possesses communications skills needed to effectively understand patient’s reactions or responses to treatment.
- Involves the patient in understanding and become involved in the course of treatment.
- Collaborates with patient /family and other health care providers and/or community resources with planning of care and discharge.
- Develops a realistic written plan of care toward measurable goals.
- Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Provides ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Plans death at home when appropriate with patient/family and other members of the health care team.
- Completes physicians' orders, levels of care, and OASIS on all patients assigned, in accordance with patient care policies.
- Maintains and demonstrates a continuous awareness of the health needs and resources of the community.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work & Travel
This is a Per Diem position, working 7 private visits per week.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registration and current RN Licensure in the state of Massachusetts and New Hampshire in good standing required (or willing to obtain dual licensure)
- CPR certification required unless ACLS certified.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.