Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Corpus Christi Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Registered Nurse Acute Inpatient you can be a part of change.
Corpus Christi Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Registered Nurse Acute Inpatient. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the Unit in order to provide quality patient care.
- You will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- You will provide professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- You will provide leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
What qualifications you will need:
Current TX RN license (or eligible).
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
Six months plus clinical RN experience.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 630+ bed healthcare system of hospitals in Corpus Christi and the surrounding Coastal Bend community. Bay Area is our full-service acute care hospital and offers state-of-the-art cardiovascular services, bariatric, GYN and robotic surgery. The Women’s Center at Bay Area, with its NICU Unit, is also the home of our graduate medical education program. Doctors Regional is our acute care hospital, with a 24-hour emergency department, cardiac catheterization labs, orthopedic and surgical services, and inpatient rehabilitation. The Heart Hospital offers complete diagnostics, treatment, surgery and rehabilitation for cardiac patients. Northwest Regional/Northwest Behavior Health Center provides emergency medical services, laboratory, imaging services and outpatient behavioral health services. Bayview Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient short-term treatment for psychiatric patients ages 12 years and older, as well as substance abuse treatment. Northshore Emergency Center is a full-service 24-7 emergency department in Portland that offers outpatient laboratory, imaging and occupational services. Radiation Oncology offers advanced technology for treating cancer with the latest and most specific radiation therapies available. Our programs focus on the needs of individual patients, while employing the latest techniques and research of 21st-century medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse Acute Inpatient opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.