Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):
$27.986 - $34.983 - $41.979
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
Performs individualized nursing care for patients/families under the direction of an RN. Uses and practices basic assessment data collection, participates in planning, executes interventions in accordance with the Plan Of Care and contributes to evaluation of outcomes. Communicates to ensure patient/family educated Plan Of Care and planned treatments.
- 1 Year CNA experience in an acute care setting or other related area.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - CA Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians -REQUIRED
- Vocational Nurse IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal Certification - Various-Employee provides certificate -REQUIRED
- Experience in the respective department.
- Assessment data
Collects assessment data (using observation, palpation and auscultation per Practice Act) per department guidelines of care, including age/cultural specific considerations.
Documents data collected.
Communicates/contributes data collected to RN for analysis and interpretation.
- Communication and coordination
Communicates with other healthcare team members to coordinate patient care activities, workflow, and patient progress.
Follows through with identified actions/referrals.
Coordinates schedules and patient care needs with RN and other staff to ensure continuity and frequency of visits.
Communicates patient and family care needs through documentation.
Documentation per department/entity guideline of care and policies and procedures.
- Implements plan of care
Implements plan of care per department guidelines: Refers practices outside of scope to RN.
Seeks out resources when appropriate in new situations.
Collaborates with RNs when nursing decisions required in implementation of the plan of care in accordance with compliance and scope of practice.
- Informal teaching
Gives constructive feedback to peers regarding work performance and notifies supervisor of suspected performance issues.
Provides unit specific information to students, floats, travelers/registry personnel and documents appropriately.
Documents informal teaching.
- Patient advocate
Encourage patient and family participation in decision making.
Acts to uphold individual/family rights.
- Patient and family education
Identifies learning needs including barriers/readiness.
Recognizes barriers to communication with patient and family and seeks interdisciplinary expertise to establish a therapeutic relationship.
Collaborates with the RN in development of individualized teaching plan.
Implements plan of care (IPOC & IPER) using appropriate resources.
Collects data indicative of patient/family learning in response to teaching plan.
Collaborates with RN in evaluates patient/family learning through use of adult-learning theory and revises plan as appropriate. (e.g. documented in IPER, IPOC, discharge teaching, etc.)
- Plan of care
Demonstrates understanding of patient/family goals.
Makes recommendations to the multidisciplinary team in development of the patient's plan of care.
Updates written plan of care (IPOC) per direction of RN.
- Supports evaluation care plan
Collects data indicative of patient/family response to care per department guidelines.
Reports data/information to team members in determining the need to alter goals and interventions.
Contributes observations and data to patient care conferences.
Documents patients' response to care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient clinical skill and nursing judgment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Current Sharp employees
- Rehires/Reinstates that are rejoining the organization less than 12 months from last date of employment with Sharp Healthcare
To remain eligible for your sign on incentive the following criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE status and shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty.
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to a non-bonus eligible department or position may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus.
If Relocating to San Diego, you will receive 5K. This will be paid within 30 days of start.
Employee Referral Incentive Eligibility:
- Referral must list the name of the Sharp employee that referred them on the job application.
- External referrals only
If referring a former Sharp employee – must be more than 12 months since last date of employment with Sharp Healthcare at the time of referral.
Referral Bonus is $2,500