Licensed Vocational Nurse Urology General Surgery
Shift: Full time - Days (Rotating Weekends)
Location: Medical City Dallas Hospital
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) LVN Urology General Surgery you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Dallas which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Dallas!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LPN/LVN provides individualized, comprehensive care consistent with the scope and standards of the specialty.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide direct, evidence-based care to patients as directed by the physician or RN.
- Assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Serve as a resource to department staff, students and volunteers to help deliver quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN)
- One year experience preferred
- Vocational School Graduate required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our LVN Rehabilitation Unit opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.