Under Supervision and according to the established policies and procedures, assists in the planning, developing, coordinating, implementing, directing and evaluating of a variety of hospital related employee in-service educational programs for nursing personnel, patients, public. Etc. May contact internal and outside persons/agencies in order to coordinate programs and obtain program speakers. Operates, uses stores, and maintains audio-visual equipment
1. Assists Clinical Resource Center Manager in planning, developing, recommending, and implementing policies, procedures, and programs relevant to all hospital employees, patient and public, etc. education training, competency, and development. Performs needs assessment for educational programs through questionnaires, per delegation by the Clinical Resource Center Manager. Participates and has active role in hospital committees as delegated by the Clinical Resource Center Manger.
2. Instructs and assist employees in all aspects of orientation, technical learning, and continuing education, and acts as a resource person to nursing personnel. Responsible for content of written handouts, audio/visuals, video, films, and other learning aids used in teaching. Critiques educational materials such as books, videotapes, etc.
3. Facilitates in-service for new procedures and new products to be used by nursing personnel and other hospital departments.
4. Maintains contact with hospital personnel, physicians, and outside organizations/agencies in order to evaluate educational needs; facilitate training programs and arranges for program speakers.
5. Develops educational programs through research, literature review, nursing library, and medical library. Develops objectives, pre- and post-tests, teaching plans and evaluations for various educational programs.
6. Assists in maintaining educational records for all hospital personnel. Assists in maintaining monthly schedule of programs offered by the department.
7. Participates in community education and screening programs.
8. Coordinates and prioritizes work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
Skills: Good interpersonal skills to coordinate and conduct a variety of in-service education programs. Basic computer skills.
Years of Experience: Three years of current clinical nursing experience as well as previous institutional experience preferred.
License: Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Michigan
Certification: BLS and ACLS Instructor or willing to obtain instructorship within 6 months.
Ability to perform clinical skills of registered nurse as well as clinical knowledge of nursing care policies, philosophies, procedures, and techniques. Knowledge of the educational process including needs analysis, program development, program evaluation, teaching techniques, and the like. Research skills to support evidence based practice
Physical Demands: Due to continuously changing patient census/activity and staffing needs, must have the flexibility to work a varying schedule should the need arise, which may require working a varying schedule including shift, overtime (greater than 40 worked hours per week) and/or shift durations that exceed the assigned status for shift length and/or hours per week. Must move about for extended periods of time and must move, position, and transfer patients weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
Participate in usage and maintenance of equipment and instruments for safe patient care. Promote clean and safe physical environment including fire and safety awareness. Participate in performance improvement activities of patient care by monitoring and evaluation.
All PMRH employees must know and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace