Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Center for Primary care is hiring an LPN. The CPUP Licensed Practical Nurse assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Monitors and charts patients, collects sample, and performs other tasks as assigned, all under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
Administers prescribed medication, gives injections and vaccines as per MD order. Provides continuity of care between provider visits by notifying patients of test results, medication adjustments and follow up as per MD instructions.
Responsible for reviewing labs and forwarding to providers for further interpretation.
Responsible for medication refills requests, prior authorizations, inventory and ordering of stock medications, vaccines, and supplies.
- Oversees the daily rooming schedule and assignment of MA staff.
- Works with MA staff to ensure that patients are roomed promptly.
- During lunch, end of day & when needed will partner with MA staff to room patients, perform POCT, EKG and assist providers with patient care.
- Oversees the lab to ensure that patients are taking care of in a timely manner and assign staff to assist when needed.
- Ensures that the patient care areas are kept neat, orderly, well stocked and properly prepared.
- Order supplies to meet the needs of the practice.
Hours - Monday to Friday 9 am to 530 pm
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years Outpatient experience preferred
- Other (Required)
- Practice Nursing School
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.