Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
875 N Michigan (John Hancock)
Essential Job Functions:
1. Monitors the health and responses during clinical research studies in conjunction with physicians and scientists.
2. Performs quality control reviews and develops reports demonstrating the findings.
3. Participates in Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions, identification and enrollment of research study participants.
4. Makes adjustments of care plans of patients to suit individual requirements.
5. Maintains data and follows-up on patients under care.
6. Maintains regulatory forms, source documentation and case reports documentation in accordance to established guidelines.
7. Provides education and acts as a resource for the research team, study participants and their families.
8. Identifies self learning needs and seeks resources to advance the nursing practice and achieve professional goals.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
2. A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience required; previous pediatric oncology experience preferred.
3. License as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
4. BLS Certification required.
5. Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
8. Excellent customer service skills.
9. Ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously and under strict deadlines.
10. Certification in CPHON or similar preferred; or completion within 18 mos of hire.
Bachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)(BLS) - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, (RN-BC) - Pediatric Nurse - American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children’s facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children’s and its affiliates are equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support email: email@example.com