Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Our Nurses work in collaborative environments with strong interdisciplinary teams, focused on a patient centered care model in a richly diverse work space. Under the direction and general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the registered nurse utilizes evidence based practices in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The registered nurse who through knowledge and ability uses the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family.
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- One (1) year experience and/or successful completion of The William W. Backus Hospital Nurse Residency Program.
License and Certification:
- Ability to obtain and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within 90 days of hire.
- Current unrestricted License in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire. Ability to obtain and maintain department specific certifications.
- Two (2) or more years experience in this specific clinical area.
License and Certification:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Certification in clinical area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of Nursing principles and practices. Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Communicates effectively in order to provide technical or complex information as well as instruction. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with departments, employees, physicians, managers and patients. Ability to handle multiple priorities, be flexible and a team player. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Commitment to customer service. Basic computer knowledge in order to enter/retrieve data.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- Requires high level of analytical ability in order to gather and interpret information from various sources. Able to take the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances, problems and/or emergency situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.