The Birth Place is a 19-room labor, delivery and post-partum department that cares for 1,200-1,300 babies and their families annually throughout their stay at the Medical Center. The Birth Place is staffed 24/7 by Obstetricians and Certified Midwives.
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Baccalaureate in nursing and/or Board certification strongly preferred
- Recent nursing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Basic Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Intravenous therapy
- Labor and delivery triage
- Post-anesthesia care
- Electronic fetal monitoring
- Circulating cesarean-sections
- Care for antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients
- Newborn assessment and care
About Southern New Hampshire Health:
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
If you are interested in joining a 4-time Magnet® organization, then Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, is the place for you. There are many options to practice throughout our 188-bed acute care facility. Our state-of-the-art units provide a wide array of equipment and patient acuity depending on your professional interests, certifications, and experience level.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
See some of the wonderful moments here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.