Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
Night (United States of America)
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Now offering very competitive SIGN ON BONUSES for candidates with 1yr+ experience.
As a Nurse at Lurie Children's, you will be at the heart of our pediatric care team, making a difference each day by supporting other nursing staff in compassionate and top-quality patient care.
#1 For a Reason:
At Lurie Children's we understand that caring for kids takes more than medicine. From diagnosis through treatment, it requires compassion and understanding that kids do best when they get to be kids. With a team of world-renowned pediatric experts and kid-friendly care, there’s a reason we’re ranked the #1 children’s hospital in Illinois.
ED Unit Information:
• 45 bed Emergency Department with mixed acuity; includes 4 pods of 10 beds each, 5 resuscitation beds
• Level 1 Trauma Center
• Patient population is all age groups, generally 0 days – 21 years
• Staffing mix includes nurses, paramedics, nursing assistants, medical assistants, service representatives, pediatric emergency medicine physicians, pediatricians, and nurse practitioners
• Ancillary Support Staff include Social Work, Child Life, and Interpreting Services
• We value teamwork, a culture of real-time feedback, diversity and inclusion, and support the freedom to ask questions.
Position we are hiring for:
• Nightshift (3p-3a and 7p-7a shifts) and every third weekend
• Staff must remain in current position for at least six months before qualifying for position changes
• Position openings for different start times will be released by the Scheduling Committee based off of unit needs; positions are filled by seniority
1. BSN, RN or higher. ASN permitted if willing to return to school for BSN within 2 years of hire.
2. Current licensure as an RN in the State of Illinois, active and in good standing.
3. Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association.
4. One year experience in hospital setting preferred.
• 8-10 weeks (first week is hospital orientation)
• Orientation will be on all shifts, beginning on day shifts
• Hands-on experiences/trauma simulations within orientation hours
• Mandatory classes include PALS, ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, Welles training, Level IV PPE training
• Not included – triage training; this is to allow time for learning of Lurie protocols and practices
Ways to get involved:
• Our Voice – Black Nurses of Lurie resource and empowerment
• ASCEND Program – Advancement ladder with pay raises as you advance
• Committees -- Retention and Recruitment, Staffing and Scheduling, Informatics, Research, Preceptor, Mass Casualty Preparedness, Education, Policy and Procedure, etc.
What we offer you:
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, there are numerous opportunities for advancement as well as continuing education, grand rounds, free e-learnings, on site master’s degree programs, scholarship programs, BCEN voucher programs, conference reimbursement and more! You tell us where you want to be in your career, and we will help you get there!
Bachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children’s facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children’s and its affiliates are equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, order of protection status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Support email: email@example.com