We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimaging healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
Lowell General Hospital is offering a Student Nurse Internship Program this summer. This is a great opportunity for nursing students to gain clinical experience in an acute care hospital. The program runs from mid-June to mid-August, 2023. Students will be provided the opportunity to gain clinical experiences in several areas. Specific tasks that the Student Nurse Intern will perform includes:
• Vitals signs
• Transportation of patients
• Assist with activities of daily living for patients
• Place patients on cardiac monitor
• Documentation in electronic medical record
• Assist with care patient with various states of acuity
• Weekly classes on a variety of healthcare topics with a focus on enhancing critical thinking skills
• Stocks specialty trays as used.
• Maintains supplies, stocking assigned areas with supplies and linen.
• Empty hampers.
• Washes equipment during downtime.
• 1:1 Monitoring as needed maintaining safety. Use of therapeutic communication in accordance with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training.
• Provides transportation of patients using appropriate mode including ambulatory, wheelchair, or stretcher.
• Performs clerical duties as advised by the team.
• Answers phone and places calls as needed using proper professional etiquette.
• Assists with care and ADLs for all patients.
• Performs CPR.
• Performs and records patient vital signs and documents clinical data in electronic medical record.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Currently enrolled in Nursing Program
• Works cohesively as a member of the patient care team
• The ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Effective communication skills.
• Adheres to hospital / departmental dress code.
• Adheres to hospital’s time and attendance procedures.
About Lowell General
For more than 125 years, Lowell General has served the Greater Lowell community with pride. We balance the first-rate care of a premier medical center with the warmth of a three-time Magnet®-recognized community hospital. As a member of our team, you’ll join over 3,000 dedicated care providers to offer complete, connected care, when and where patients need it most.
About Tufts Medicine
A healthcare system that works Tufts Medicine is more than a health system — we’re a community that empowers people to live their best lives by reimagining healthcare, advancing knowledge and pioneering discovery. Every team member plays an integral role in realizing our vision of creating the most equitable and frictionless healthcare experience in the world. Here, you’ll join an enthusiastic community that champions your growth and receive generous benefits to support you and your family’s well-being.
Tufts Medicine Lowell General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.