It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health University Tower
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $5,000!
Exciting opportunity for a Clinical Registered Nurse in our Family and Community Medicine department within SLUCare Physician Group! SLUCare has a wide variety of specialty areas, with over 17 departments, 50+ subspecialties, and 600+ physicians and providers.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, no nights, no weekends. Clinics closed on holidays.
Hours: 8am-5pm in an outpatient clinic environment with SLUCare Physician Group. Full-Time, benefits eligible opportunity.
**Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates. Internal candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what options are available for you. Must be 18 years or older to qualify for sign on bonus.**
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- May round with physician in an inpatient setting.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State License
Day Shift (United States of America)
9990670235 CMUC CM-Family and Community Medicine-U
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.