- Sign-on bonus: $20,000
- Department: Emergency
- Schedule: Full Time (3 - 12 hour shifts) - Nights, 7pm-7am
- Hospital: Seton Hays
- Location: Kyle, TX
Fall 2023 Cohort Start Date Options: September, October, and November
The Ascension Seton RN Fellowship is designed for experienced nurses who are interested in transitioning from one clinical specialty into a new specialty. Benefits
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization and in collaboration with a registered nurse.
- Assist with patient care including observation and documentation of patient healthcare needs and communication of pertinent information to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Assist with documentation and implementation of physician and nursing orders under the direction of the registered nurse preceptor.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Communicate, monitor and record changes in patient condition as appropriate.
- Participate in transition to practice programs in order to develop clinical thinking and enhanced clinical judgment to provide safe, competent, person-centered care.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
Why Join Our Team
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of hire.
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations in Central Texas and four teaching hospitals, including Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.