We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
North 4 is a 30-bed adult inpatient surgical unit. Patients cared for on North 4 present with numerous surgical diagnoses, with the primary service lines including general surgery, orthopedics, thoracic and bariatric surgeries
Per diem requirements include a minimum of 4 shifts per month on a rotating schedule that consists of one Friday evening or night shift and one weekend shift (Sat or Sun).
The Clinical Care Technician works under the supervision of the professional nurse and collaborates to meet the needs of the patient within the scope of the role. The clinical care technician assists in direct patient care, provides environmental support and facilitates patient safety on designated unit and other units as needed. The clinical care technician has successfully completed and maintains competencies in role specific skills. The clinical care technician provides an environment supportive of the patient and family centered model of care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Skills Assists the professional registered nurse in the functional care of patients, ensuring efficient and patient centered care appropriate to the developmental age of the patient population. Performs delegated tasks and communicates all findings/concerns to the professional nurse.
- Provides, or assists patients with activities of daily living in a safe, efficient and respectful manner
- Greets patients, families, visitors and other staff utilizing the principles of Tufts Medical Center service standards
- Collects, records, and communicates the patient’s clinical data to the assigned nurse in a timely manner
- Prepares room for admission/transfer/discharge, assuring standardize equipment is ready for use
- Transports or accompanies patients as necessary to other areas of the hospital in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner
- Provides comfort measures such as positioning, changing linen, back rubs, etc. to patients in an efficient, safe, and respectful manner
- Cleans and discards used equipment and supplies following procedures
- Responds to patient and family requests promptly, seeking nurse’s supervision as needed
- Acts as a sitter as requested by the nurse, adhering to the sitter guidelines, to ensure patient safety at all times
- Answers call lights and seeks appropriate personnel/action
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current BLS Certification required
One of the following preferred:
- One year of previous experience as a nursing assistant or
- Current enrollment in an accredited nursing program or
- Successful completion of a certified nursing assistant (CNA) training or
- Successful completion of a certified medical assistant (MA) training program or
- Successful completion of an EMT-B training or
- Bachelor’s degree in arts or sciences or
- Associate degree in arts or science
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com.