Provide direct care to students in the school setting. This includes but is not limited to care of students with injuries, acute illnesses, chronic disease management and long-term management for students with special health care needs. Meet the preventative and chronic health needs of patients’ through relationship development, health promotion, education, and counseling.
- Assessment and treatment within the scope of professional nursing practice.
- Act as Liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals and the community through communication with parents/guardians of students, appropriate school personnel, physicians, and advanced practice providers as needed.
- Develop and manage individualized health care plan for students with chronic conditions.
- Education of health care needs with students, parents, teachers, and other school personnel.
- Screening for health conditions and required health problems, including but not limited to vision, hearing, and BMI assessments.
- Promote healthy school environment through education and participation with other teams and committees.
- Leadership role for health policies and programs, health promotion and protections, chronic disease management. Coordination of school health programs, school wellness policies, crisis/disaster management, emergency medical condition management, mental health protection and intervention, acute illness management, and infectious disease prevention and management.
Education: Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing skills with commitment to working with children.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations’ in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to coordinate with others.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedural directives.
Years of Experience: 2 years of experience in nursing is preferred, preferably in pediatric, school health or public health nursing.
License: Active Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Ohio. Must be registered and licensed with the Ohio Department of Education and pass required background checks before starting. Valid driver’s license.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace