- Department: Recovery Audit Compliance
- Schedule: Open/Flexible
- Hospital: Remote
- Location: Wisconsin
This position is REMOTE.
Training and Orientation will be in person in the Elmbrook area.
Must reside in the State of Wisconsin
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Coordinate payer denials and appeals, respond to insurance company requests for medical records, and perform medical record reviews.
- Review medical records to determine accuracy of billing through verification of coding, billing and supporting clinical documentation.
- Coordinate all activities associated with insurance carrier audit requests and works with payers to ensure timely handling of these payer audits.
- Review technical payer denials and determines whether an appeal is justified. Write and track technical appeal letters and relay information with billing department.
- Conduct audits to ensure accurate charge capture, enhance reimbursement and identify savings potential.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of
3 to 5 years of patient care experience preferred
Previous experience in denial managment, medical billing, coding, revenue cycle preferred
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding careers to healthcare professionals since 1848. Operating 17 hospital campuses and over 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Appleton, you will find opportunities that allow you to create a career path you love, all while delivering compassionate, personalized care to the communities we serve.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.