Registered Nurse - Home Hospice
- Full-Time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours/week
- Day shift, 8am-4:30pm
Please apply if interested or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions
The Registered Nurse-Hospice is responsible for the planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care for terminally ill patients from day of admission through day of discharge. Utilizing physicians' orders and professional skills, the Registered Nurse (RN)-Hospice develops and implements a hospice plan that meets each patient's specific needs and is in compliance with accrediting organization standards, federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines as well as the organization's policies and procedures. Qualifications
Associate degree and/or Diploma in nursing is required.
Bachelor's Degree in nursing is preferred.
Prior experience in home health or hospice is preferred.
1 year acute nursing experience is preferred.
Valid state driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable automobile is required.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of practice is required.
Wisconsin: RNs may practice with a valid multi-state RN license as outlined in the Nurse Licensure Compact rules.
Basic Life Support (BLS) is required. Overview
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS requires COVID-19 vaccines or an approved medical or religious exemption for all colleagues.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Benefits
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits including HSHS contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!