Functioning as a team member within a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications. Renders direct patient care services under supervision demonstrating ProMedica’s values to the patient.
1. Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress, identification, and communication with patients’ colleagues, and outside agencies.
2. Works closely with the provider and leadership to continually improve the patient experience though daily patient care, clerical support, ongoing projects and assumes additional duties as needed in a self-directed manner.
3. Prepares the patient for the visit by taking vital signs, documenting and order entry within the EPIC system, arranging and coordinating support and ancillary services for patient care, preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing schedules, and providing general support to the providers and patients. Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
4. Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations. Determines potential equipment needs for clinician visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Is skilled in assisting clinicians with treatments, dressings and other tasks
5. Communicates effectively with patients, peers and all members of the health care team. Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members. Relates to patients in caring manner. Relays complete and pertinent information in verbal and written form appropriate to the ages of patient served. Demonstrates understanding of legal implications of charting, documents clearly and objectively all encounters with patients.
6. Within scope of Medical Assistant, demonstrates exemplary clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
7. Acts as a resource/role model by coaching, supporting and motivating members of the Medical Assistant and Patient Service Coordinator team. Assists others in completing tasks as needed.
8. May be assigned to act as one of the primary trainers for new Medical Assistants and office team members. May be assigned Lab functions and draws.
9. Assists leadership with ordering, maintaining, and monitoring office medications.
10. Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend changes to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of patient care.
11. Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica’s core values.
• Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
• Completion of a recognized MA program at an accredited college or university or worked 1 year as an MA to meet the requirements to become certified.
• Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
• Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
• Experience in the medical industry, including both patient care or non-patient care roles. In lieu of experience, will accept continuing education in a healthcare related areas of study.
• Registration or Certification as a Medical Assistant through accredited body required; or active license from applicable state as an LPN/RN.
• BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA at time of employment
O Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
Years of Experience:
• 1 year experience in direct patient care preferred
• Demonstrate basic computer skills
• Experience with EPIC or similar medical operating system
• Must be able to move about the practice/department and between workstations.
• Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to occasionally push or lift medium to heavy equipment, supplies and patients.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace