RN, Clinical Manager - Endoscopy
Mount Carmel St. Ann's
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you’re hired as an eligible colleague, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve made every day and transfer your money any time before payday.You deserve to get paid every day!
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Clinical Managers, under the direction of their departmental leadership, plan, organize, staff, and direct patient care on a daily operational basis in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. These front-line leaders oversee the day-to-day operations of a given shift staff, including: Registered Nurses, Patient Care Support professionals, Unit Coordinators, and more.
What you'll do:
- Provides daily clinical/operational oversight to their assigned department/unit/shift.
- Provides professional development and growth opportunities for staff members, problem solves concerns, and promotes our Mount Carmel just culture and culture of safety.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, orienting, counseling and evaluating of all employees, including staff evaluations and goal setting.
- Participates in 'leader rounding' on patients and staff alongside other clinicians, leaders, and patient experience professionals as well as direct patient care as needed.
- Holds self and others (Colleagues, Physicians and Volunteers) accountable for exhibiting each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards. This includes, but is not limited to, celebrating excellence in behavior and approaching anyone with courtesy and respect who is not demonstrating Service Excellence and owning and resolving Service Recovery concerns.
- Under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director provides supervision of employees in their respective department/service area and partners with their supervisor to ensure 24 hour accountability.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to colleagues and patients.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum/Preferred Education Requirement - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Licensure Requirement - Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Two or more years of recent and relevant clinical experience required.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.