Additional Information About the Role
- 3 - 12 hour shifts
- Nights or possible day/night rotate
- Every 3rd Weekend & Every 3rd Holiday
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible (external applicants only)
- Modified Self-Scheduling in 6-week periods
- Benefits start on 1st of following month after start date
- Orientation based upon individual need
- $5,000 Relocation Assistance (for out of state applicants)
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Critical Care at Missouri Baptist Medical Center Includes three, 10-bed intensive care units providing general medical-surgical, coronary and neuro-intensive care. Our goal is to provide stabilization and care of patients with cardiac and vascular disorders. Our multi-disciplinary team includes an intensives available 24/7. Preferred Qualifications
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer