Department: DPH Rapid Response Team
Status: Variable Full-Time (Three 12 hour Shifts)
Title: Registered Nurse, Advanced Care
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlando’s growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health – Dr. P. Phillips Hospital:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- All Inclusive Benefits: Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, and more for full time and part time employees.
- Employee-centric: P. Phillips Hospital has been selected as one of the 2020 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
Forbes Recognizes Orlando Health as a Best-In-State Employer
Forbes has named Orlando Health as one of America's Best-In-State Employers for 2021. Orlando Health is the top healthcare organization in the Metro Orlando area to make the prestigious list. "We are proud to be named once again as a best place to work," said Karen Frenier, vice president, Human Resources. "This achievement reflects our positive culture and efforts to ensure that all team members feel respected, supported and valued.
Dr. Phillips Rapid Response Team
The role of the Rapid Response Team (RRT) involves patient assessment and stabilization; communication and collaboration with the managing physician and/or consultants; nursing support and education and patient rescue. The Rapid Response Team functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team which includes a critical care nurse (ICURN), critical care respiratory therapist (RT), the managing physician, pharmacy support and Intensivist support if needed to meet the needs of the patient population. The goal of the Rapid Response Team is to reduce Code Blue 90s outside of the Intensive Care Units (ICUs); reduce harm events outside of the ICUs; reduce unplanned ICU admissions and re-admissions to the ICUs and provide nursing support and education.
Two (2) years of critical care experience
Graduate from an approved school of nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC required for certain areas.