**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE***
Job Profile Summary
Registered professional nurse who promotes excellence in nursing practice by delivering expert care to patients in all age groups, cultures, psychosocial, spiritual and disability concerns.
The patient population served is consistent with the admission/discharge criteria; renders direct and indirect outcome nursing care through the application of the nursing process; functions within policies, practice guidelines and nursing standards of SMH in accordance with the Massachusetts Nurse Practice Act, CDC and OSHA standards, and any other applicable regulatory or accreditation agency.
- Minimum of 2 years of acute care experience
- New Graduate Nurses accepted for some positions
- Excellent communication and customer services skills required
- Successful completion of orientation and annual competencies.
- Must meet all criteria associated with responsibilities detailed in this document and the core and unit-specific competencies for RNs;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, command of verbal and written English; positive and good organizational skills, and adaptability, creating a favorable image in relationship to the Nursing department and the hospital as a whole;
- Must develop and maintain positive relationships across all areas of responsibility;
- Must visibly demonstrate commitment to customer relations and all basic concepts of continuous quality improvement and preventing error from reaching the patient;
- Provides timely, positive responses to the needs of all customers including patients, families, co-workers and physicians.
- Successful completion of appropriate pretest/ exams, classroom orientation and precepted clinical orientation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing is preferred.
- Current Massachusetts state RN license
- Documentation of ongoing clinical competencies and continuing education
- All RNs must have current BLS certification
- In addition to BLS, Telemetry, ICU, ECC, OR, and PACU RNs must have ACLS certification
- In addition to BLS and ACLS, LDRP RNs must have NRP certification
- ECC and PACU RNs must have PALS certification.
Age Specific Criteria:
Ability to effectively communicate to all age levels served within the scope of the position/assigned areas.
Ability to Meet Job Performance Expectations:
Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or other individuals in the workplace, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer. There is no discrimination because of race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Please note: For the protection of the patients, employees, visitors and all who enter our facilities, Sturdy Memorial requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of employment.