Sign on bonus eligible!
$15,000 for external candidates
OSF will invest in you day 1! Candidates with 5+ years of direct experience will receive a bonus of 40 hours of Paid Time Off frontloaded on day 1. This is in addition to our generous PTO plan!
Pay range for this position is $45.00-$54.34. Actual pay is based on years of licensure.
The OSF Registered Nurse (RN) Regional Float Pool provides the highest level of expert Registered Nurses to care for patients throughout the inpatient stay within OSF HealthCare. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care provided to patients throughout the system. The RN must be highly knowledgeable and possess strong nursing skills necessary to provide excellent patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served within their RN specialty. Registered Nurses at OSF HealthCare are licensed professionals empowered to participate in an interdisciplinary approach to meet the expectations of those we serve. Qualifications
- 2 years of nursing experience in an acute healthcare setting within the specialty hired, with at least one of those years in a telemetry, med surg or stepdown unit
- IL RN license
- Certified in AHA Healthcare Provider BLS within 6 months of hire
- Additional certifications as applicable to specialty
Other skills/ knowledge:
- Must be willing and able to work in at least 3 OSF facilities as needed.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development, as well as, the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to comfort patients, family members and others; to communicate effectively and concisely with other patient care providers; and to instruct patients, family members, and others in self-care and home care procedures.
- Excellent analytical ability necessary to assess patients' physical, psychological and social needs, develop individualized patient care plans, and evaluate patients' responses to medical and nursing interventions.
- Home Health RNs must have own transportation, auto insurance and abides by all laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
OSF HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.