Clinic RN Swansea IL
Full Time 40 hrs/week
For more information contact Christina.Stott@hshs.org
Promotes and restores patients' health by collaborating with cardiovascular specialty physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients and their families in structural heart, cardiovascular/cardiothoracic surgery, or electrophysiology sub-specialties. Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals, teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills, and answering questions regarding highly complex healthcare topics. Assures quality of care by adhering to guideline driven practices, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, making or recommending necessary adjustments, and following nursing philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations. Qualifications
Diploma or associates degree in nursing is required.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing is preferred.
2 years nursing experience is required.
1 year critical care, specialty cardiac nursing, cath lab, or general cardiology practice is required.Experience with complex duties involving Electrophysiology (EP) or device interrogation/interpretation/management, pulling chest tubes/packing wires, pacemaker or defibrillator checks, wound care experience is preferred.
Anti-arrhythmic pharmaceutical management experience is preferred.Knowledge of electrophysiology or structural heart therapies: Watchman, TAVR, MitraClip; Extra vascular internal cardiac defibrillators; Atrioventricular micra wireless permanent pacemakers; EBR system wireless left ventricular lead placement is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of practice is required.
Wisconsin: RNs may practice with a valid multi-state RN license as outlined in the Nurse Licensure Compact rules.
Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required. Overview
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS requires COVID-19 vaccines or an approved medical or religious exemption for all colleagues.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Benefits
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits including HSHS contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!