Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday-Friday, No Weekends, No Holidays. Shared on call coverage
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The VAD Coordinator is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team dedicated to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of Hartford Healthcare. Within the scope of nursing practice, the VAD Coordinator will facilitate the care and education of VAD patients and their families from initial contact, through their work-up for implant, and during the pre-operative, peri-operative and post-operative period.
• Provide a high degree of professional competence and demonstrate a high level of autonomy in the care of VAD patients, heart failure patients and patients requiring mechanical circulatory support.
• Appropriately coordinate testing/evaluation needed for pre and post implant care.
• Perform assessments of patients with VADs to establish, implement and evaluate individualized plan of care with timely and appropriate clinical advice and interventions through direct patient contact as well as telephone contact.
• Participate as an integral member of the multidisciplinary advanced heart failure team to develop standard operating protocols, clinical practice guidelines and patient and caregiver education.
• Responsible for coordination and implementation of community caregiver education related to mechanical circulatory support. Arrange all appropriate medical therapy and testing with advanced practice provider and physician guidance
• On call responsibility for outpatients on VAD support which requires some 24 hour coverage, weekends and holidays
• This position may be involved in research clinical trials, and professional continuing medical educational programs. The role of this Coordinator will evolve over time to meet the needs of the patients and of the program
Bachelor’s degree required. MSN Preferred
Minimum 3 years’ experience in acute care preferred. VAD experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Registered Nurse with a valid CT license required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.