Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center offers specialized cancer treatment through a multidisciplinary approach that provides patients with an expert team of medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nuclear medicine doctors, advanced practice nurses and other support staff.
Administers patient care in an area where patients come for treatment and typically return home the same day or care takes place in a post-acute transitional care setting
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
• Meets all mandatory, developmental, and performance competency requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
• Maintains current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
• ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas.
• Utilizes the unique knowledge, skills, and competencies required in ambulatory care nursing practice to promote wellness, restore health, address health-related situational problems and/or support end-of-life care.
• Assesses patients’ needs and applies current ambulatory care nursing knowledge and evidence-based nursing practice when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs.
• Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
• Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit-specific requisite skills.
• Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
• Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
• Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
• Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
• Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
• Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients’ rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.