Looking for a highly independent, organized and timely leader that enjoys teaching! You will have a team for support but will work daily independent!
This position qualifies for up to a 15,000 sign on bonus and up to 1,000 referral bonus!
Provides compassionate, culturally sensitive, holistic nursing care to patients in a clinical setting, supporting the Mercyhealth nursing mission, practice values and strategic plan. Working independently performing nursing services that require the use of physical, social sciences and nursing skills in the care of the sick, the conservation of health and the prevention of disease in patients’ home. Develops a care plan that is patient centered and establishes goals, based on nursing problems and physician ordered care. Organizes and plans for continuity of care with patient, caregiver, other interdisciplinary team members and community resources. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collects and assesses patient data, formulates patient plan of care in partnership with the physician, including problems, interventions and measurable goals. Uses nursing process to evaluate patient's condition and caregiver needs; makes revisions to plan of care.
- Plans for continuity of care with patient, caregiver, other interdisciplinary team members and community resources; implements the plan, maintains communications and evaluates care.
- Performs skilled nursing care and treatments (including infusion) as indicated in the patient's plan of care and ordered by the physician.
- Teaches basic principles of palliative care and acute/chronic disease management for all age groups; adapting and applying information to the needs, interests and cultural patterns of the patient and family; guides patients and families toward self-help in the recognition of physical, emotional and environmental health problems. Teaches and validates patient and caregiver to assure safe delivery of care.
- Maintains required records and documentation; uses them appropriately for the care of patients and families. Documentation is submitted according to policy and orders are kept current.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, may include shared governance.
- Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience and appropriately escalates to the appropriate chain of command.
- Organizes, prioritizes and manages a patient caseload in an effective manner.
- Assists in skills validation and mentoring of other team members.
- Demonstrates proper use of PPE, hand washing and bag technique to promote infection control and safety.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety in the community and work environment.
- Assumes accountability for assigned equipment (medical and computer equipment, cell phone).
- Demonstrates appropriate use of medical supplies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Attends appropriate continuing education in-services regularly and maintains professional competencies set by department yearly.
- Must have transportation and ability to drive throughout agency service area.
- Shares responsibility for program outcomes as defined by strategic plan within the agency and in conjunction with the health system, the QI program and the agency budget.
- Assist with instruction of POC of HHA services
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or upon hire BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program preferred. May require specific years of applicable experience to qualify (per department guidelines). If hired prior to 1-1-14 in Winnebago County and prior to 9-1-14 in Rock, Walworth and McHenry Counties an ADN only is required.
Licensed as a RN in the State of pratice or both WI and IL required
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days
Maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance when requested.
Have and maintain an acceptable driving record per Mercyhealth’s HR-100 Fleet Safety policy.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality - Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering - Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost - Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.