- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $95.60 + per hour.
The APRN-CRNA reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The ARPN Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), in collaboration with staff anesthesiologists, provides high quality anesthetic care to patients in the inpatient and expanded outpatient facilities. The CRNA may also participate in research projects, the education of student registered nurse anesthetists, and leadership activities within the department and throughout the hospital.
- Selects appropriate equipment and completes room set up in anticipation of patient's needs; completes room set up in an efficient, thorough and cost effective manner.
- Ensures preoperative documentation is complete, collaborates plan of care with attending anesthesiologist and surgical team.
- Manages all aspects of anesthesia care based on the patient's physiological response to anesthesia and surgery, consults attending anesthesiologists or other interdisciplinary team members as appropriate.
- Performs complete, accurate and legible preoperative, intra-operative and postoperative documentation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of master's degree in nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited nurse anesthesia education program.
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse (IL) license.
- Registered Professional Nurse (IL) license.
- National Board for Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) certification.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Memberships to national professional organization, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and state professional organization of primary practice; e.g., Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists (IANA).
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.