We are a New Orleans-based, non-profit health system on a mission: to provide the best possible care for every person and parish in Louisiana and beyond, and to put a little more heart and soul into healthcare along the way. And that means we do things a little differently around here.
Treating people like family is the LCMC Health way, and it always has been. Founded by Louisiana's first freestanding children's hospital, we have grown into a healthcare system that is built to serve the unique needs of our communities and families.
Today, we offer six hospital locations: Children's Hospital New Orleans, East Jefferson General Hospital, New Orleans East Hospital, Touro, University Medical Center New Orleans, and West Jefferson Medical Center. We also offer a network of urgent care centers across the greater New Orleans area. With over 2,800 physicians specializing in everything from head to toe, our community can count on us to provide the right care, right where they need it.
Touro has been serving the New Orleans community since 1852, and today we are the city’s only community-based, non-profit, faith-based hospital. We offer comprehensive healthcare services at every stage of life, from delivering generations of New Orleans babies to providing advanced senior care including heart, cancer, orthopedic, and rehabilitation services. Touro’s footprint extends throughout New Orleans and the surrounding areas with numerous clinics, home health services, and retirement community, Woldenberg Village. New Orleans is a city that values tradition and history and prides itself on the strength and vibrancy of our local community. No institution embodies this enduring New Orleans spirit more than Touro. Our patients and the community can count on our ongoing commitment to their health and well-being for generations to come.
Why a Great Place to Work:
You’re more than your job. Everyone is. And that’s what makes you great at your job—all the little extras you bring to work every day, the things that make you you. At LCMC Health we value those things about you, because we know that all those little extras add up to extraordinary. And we’ve built a culture that supports and celebrates the extraordinary. You’ll see it when you come to work here, in the spirit of our places and the faces of our people. And every patient we heal, every family we comfort, every life we improve is the outcome of countless little extras adding up to an extraordinary result. Join LCMC Health, and you’ll find that our everyday makes it easy to live your extraordinary
Essential Functions :
The RN Staff Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care based on the standards of care and the policies of LCMC Health. Delegates to professional and non-professional personnel involved in the delivery of care.
Facilitates and maintains a safe environment for patients and others with a specialty in wound care treatment and prevention:
- Performs the priority technical procedures required by the area/department/assignment safely, effectively, efficiently and legally.
- Actively promotes and supports LCMC Health’s performance improvement initiatives by consistently implementing infection control practices, maintaining the environment of care consistent with Joint Commission requirements and participating in quality improvement activities and review/audit processes.
Utilizes the nursing process to deliver patient care:
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates all aspects of care for each assigned patient by coordinating and delegating activities related to patient care management in an appropriate manner and supervising activity of other unit personnel providing care to assigned patients.
- Communicates using appropriate channels information, data, significant events of problems to appropriate persons, including current patient condition, changes in the patient’s condition, laboratory/diagnostic data, intake & output, nutrition needs, assessment findings and changes, changes of shift report, patient/family/physician team member complaints, defective equipment, etc.
- Keeps patients informed and gives periodic updates as appropriate and positively contributes to the organizational goal of patient throughput.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify actions to improve patient care and education:
- Seeks supervision, consultation, and assistance when unable to perform effectively or safely independently.
- Delegates safely and appropriately to other team members to accomplish direct patient care or support activities.
- Consistently performs proper hand-off to ensure continuity of care while identifying and communicating problems.
- Advises supervisor of current or anticipated problems and accepts and completes assignments in a timely fashion.
- Uses age-appropriate principles of learning and initiates, consults, and collaborates with available patient education resources.
- Works closely with physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and social workers to meet the educational needs of the patient/family.
- Continuously displays a positive attitude that contributes to patient satisfaction and utilizes the service recovery process to address patients’ concern or complaints.
- Recognizes customer needs and begins to solve problems as soon as they are apparent.
- Contributes to the team by providing assistance to others without being asked.
- Maintains current knowledge in nursing practice
- Regularly participates in activities to maintain and expand nursing knowledge in area of practice.
- Readily assists others and works in designated alternative areas when needed.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Preferred: BSN
- Required: 2 years for a flex RN position
- Preferred: 1 year in a related clinical area
- Required: Basic Life Support/CPR, Registered Nurse
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, to be completed within 6 months of start date
- Preferred: Certified Critical Care Nurse, Certified Emergency Nurse, Certified Trauma Nurse
The above job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Nights (United States of America)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application for Employment
It is the policy of all member hospitals and facilities of the LCMC Health System (Louisiana Children’s Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of New Orleans, Touro Infirmary, University Medical Center New Orleans, New Orleans East Hospital, and West Jefferson Medical Center as well as its centers of health care and physician services, East Jefferson General Hospital, Woldenberg Village, Crescent City Physician Inc., and New Orleans Physician Services) to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected status in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant may qualify.
Instructions to Applicant
1. You must fully and accurately complete the Application for employment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. LCMC Health and its members may use the information given in the application to investigate the applicant's previous employment and background.
2. The Application for Employment will be considered inactive after 180 days. If you wish to be considered after that time, you must complete a new Application for Employment.
3. If you are hired, proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required to verify your lawful right to work in the United States.