ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community hospital with 91 private beds and a professional office building dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural light.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician and in collaboration with other team members, provides direct and indirect care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, professional standards of care, state regulations, accreditation standards and ProMedica philosophy, policies and procedure.
1. Under the direction of a Licensed Professional (e.g., Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or Registered Nurse), participates in the nursing process to include observation, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient’s plan of care accurately and in a timely manner while collaborating with other nurses and members of the healthcare team.
2. Gives direct nursing care and assists with care of the patient at the direction of a Registered Nurse, Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant, or Advanced Practice Nurse.
3. Contributes to the plan of care with input from patient/family and other members of the healthcare team.
4. Performs patient data collection and observation considering patient's age group, severity of condition/disease (including physical, psychosocial, cultural, environmental, self-care, and education needs), and coordination of resources and referrals.
5. Collect and document objective data, subjective data, and patient care data. Verifies that patient care provided, and medication administered are documented in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
6. Implements patient care in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
7. Contributes to the evaluation of the patient’s response to nursing interventions, involving the patient, family, significant others, or other members of the health care team appropriately; documents and communicates patient’s responses to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
8. Recognizes and reports significant changes in the patient's condition and contributes to plan of care revision based on ongoing evaluation.
9. Assists in IV management as ordered by provider within scope of licensure and IV certification standards.
10. Adheres to the safety policies and procedures of the organization. Recognizes and reports potential safety issues.
11. Delegates nursing tasks in accordance with the State Board of Nursing and/or applicable state law.
12. Accepts accountability and responsibility for delivery of care for optimal patient outcomes.
13. Complies with all HIPPA and OSHA policies.
14. Practices infection control procedures.
15. Facilitates and assists in coordination of patient referrals ordered by provider.
16. Participates in the orientation and training of new personnel.
17. Participates in usage and maintenance of equipment and instruments for safe patient care. Promotes clean and safe physical environment.
18. Participates in staff unit meetings, committees for improving nursing care and performance improvement activities for patient care.
19. Maintains knowledge of and follows specific department policies and procedures.
20. This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation
Education: Graduation from an Licensed Practical Nurse educational program
Monitor patient conditions during treatment
Administer medications within scope
Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care
Record patient medical histories
Analyze data and information
Attention to detail
Acceptance of authority
Communication with family members
Verbal and written communication
License: Current, unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure from the state of employment
Certification: BLS, State of hire approved LPN certification to administer IV therapy
Must exhibit excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills and be self-directed. Ability to contribute to and function within an interdisciplinary team. Must have the ability to make informed, quality and independent decisions. Must possess analytical and strong problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes, multiple interruptions and under stressful situations.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations, and prolonged periods of standing. **
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling, and squatting.
- Must be able to appropriately provide care to patients with psychiatric diagnosis and behaviors in the clinical setting.
- Occasional sitting and kneeling. **
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace