- Sign On Bonus: Up to $8,000
- Department: PreOperative/Perioperative Care
- Schedule: Rotating, Part Time, 20 hrs/week
- Hospital: Ascension Providence Rochester
- Location: Rochester, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital you will have the opportunity to
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health and/or the situation.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the issues.
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement the identified plan.
- Evaluate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Practice ethically.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contribute to quality nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluate your nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and regulations.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health information on a "need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e., special projects and committees.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital orientation required.
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Current ACLS certification or obtain by completion of orientation required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing at time of hire/transfer date required.
- BSN preferred.
- Experience as an RN in the recovery room or medical/surgical of at least one (1) year, within the past two (2) years required.
- Previous recovery room (Phase I and II) experience preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Growth and Development over life span for all ages required.
- Successful completion of the Moderate Sedation competency, or obtain by the end of orientation required.
- Must be able to take on-call shift.
- Must be able to flex.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.