Integrated Case Management Job Summary
The Clinical Case Manager (CCM) is a dynamic role that utilizes professional nursing skills to assess patient and family situations while considering clinical appropriateness for the acute or an alternate setting and establishing plans for effective management of the continuum of care (episodic and population-based) by performing assessments, plans, interventions, and reassessments in a collaborative manner. CCM works closely with Medical Staff, Psychosocial Case Managers, Nursing, Allied Health disciplines, hospital business/financial services, agencies across the continuum (internal and external) and payers. The key goals of the CCM includes proactive, individualized planning for patients' progress across the continuum that optimizes quality of care, utilization, cost and patient experience. The CCM also leads activities directed toward improving appropriate utilization across populations of patients to meet holistic care planning goals and organizational strategic objectives, as well as, developing initiatives within the department or to impact management of patient populations within and across the continuum. Required Qualifications
- Require Diploma/Associate degree in Nursing with graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Preferred Qualifications
- Require a minimum of one (1) year of Utilization Review (UR) or Case Management experience in a hospital setting; or a qualified graduate of SMHCS internal ICM intern program. - Effective 09/10/21, require a minimum of three (3) years of related clinical practice in an acute care setting.
- Require previous experience with hospital information systems (order entry, results reporting, case management). - Require proficient experience using PC/computer (word processing a minimum).
- Prefer solid clinical assessment, critical thinking, decision making and organizational skills. Required License and Certs
- Prefer demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities according to patient needs and department/hospital needs.
- Prefer a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Prefer active Case Management Certification (CCM or ACM) or within one (1) year of hire and membership in relevant CM organization.
- Prefer strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with leaders, staff, patients, families, healthcare team, payers and external agencies.
- Prefer strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written work.
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License