Critical Care Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice. Required Qualifications
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications. Preferred Qualifications
- Require successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia test within 90 days of employment.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) is required within specified timeframe as outlined in the New Hire BSN Agreement policy (126.045).
- Require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire for experienced RNs and within six (6) months of hire date for new grad RNs.
- Require National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within (90) days of employment for experienced RNs and within six (6) months of employment for new grad RNs.
- Prefer National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification upon hire. Mandatory EducationPreferred Education
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR Preferred License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License