ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is currently seeking an experienced OR RN.
About ProMedica Surgical Services: At ProMedica Toledo Hospital, we offer our patients the highest-quality technology and comprehensive compassionate care from our team of talented physicians. From open-heart surgeries to joint replacement procedures, Toledo Hospital is proud to provide state-of-the-art surgical suites and a highly experienced staff.
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
Please check out the video, 'Nursing at ProMedica': Click Here .
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
- BSN Preferred
- Current Ohio RN license
- Current CPR / BLS and ACLS
- 1 year of Operation Room experience preferred
- RN experience in an acute setting preferred
Physical and Position Requirements
- Must be able to be on-site within 30 minutes while on call
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing
- Must be able to lift medium materials (50lb max), non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting
- Must be able to read and speak the English language
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
• Complies with nursing process.
• Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel, and visitors in a professional manner.
• Performs basic nursing skills competently.
• Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue corrective action.
• Engages in the changing environment and is open to new ideas.
• Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested or when the need is obvious.
• Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of the healthcare team including patients.
• Responsible for continued professional growth and development and competency.
• Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and healthcare record.
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
• Current CPR training.
• Specialty certifications as required.
• BSN preferred.
• The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1 hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE.
• Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment.
• Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
• Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
• Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations, and prolonged periods of standing. **
• Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. **
• Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling, and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs, and kneeling. **
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace