$5,000 On Bonus
$3,000 Referral Bonus
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) participates in direct and indirect patient care and health teaching to the full extent of his/her generic and continuing education, competence, and experience. This position may delegate duties to other caregivers as required/permitted and will consistently provide appropriate supervision. Works with other staff members to meet the goals, objectives, and standards of the unit and contributes to the attainment of divisional and system wide foals and objectives.
- Participates in the assessment of the patient’s health status by collecting and recording data from documented information, observation, patient/significant other interview, and other health professionals.
- Participates in the nursing diagnosis and patient needs based on assessment data. Includes physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, and spiritual needs as applicable.
- Participates in the identification of expected patient outcomes/goals.
- Participates in the initiation of discharge planning on admission in collaboration with the patient/significant other and the multi-disciplinary treatment team. Participates in the review and revision of the discharge plan as needed.
- Documents planned patient discharge instructions and services on the discharge instruction sheet. Completes patient referral form nursing information for patients receiving post discharge services.
- Provides input into patient or caregiver learning needs. As directed by the Registered Nurse, documents an educational plan that demonstrates consideration of the patients age, cognitive level, culture, and preferred method of learning, i.e., printed matter, videos, and/or demonstration.
- Documents patient response to interventions/nursing care.
- Includes patient and/or significant other in planning for care.
- Administers medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and the lack of negative outcomes.
- Performs limited I.V. therapy procedures.
- Assists physicians with treatments, procedures, and special tests as required.
- May delegate selected patient care activities to other licensed practical nursing staff and/or nurse’s aide. Delegation is appropriate to the level of training and competence of staff and the patient need.
All responsibilities are essential job functions.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- BLS Certification
- CPR Certification
- Prior experience in direct patient care
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.