You could be eligible for up to a $15,000 Sign on Bonus in this role.
As a Registered Nurse on the Surgical/Peds Unit, you will provide compassionate, culturally sensitive, holistic nursing care to patients in a clinical setting, supporting the Mercyhealth nursing mission, practice values and strategic plan.
At Mercyhealth, we pride ourselves on the Critical Moments of Service when we serve our patients and their families. We show empathy to our patients and fellow partners. We’ve built a community where you can do what you love and love where you do it
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
If you provide exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better, apply now to join our team.
- Utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members in caring for patients.
- Performs assessments, planning, intervention and evaluation of care
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques, policies and procedures, standards of care, and state laws/practice act as required by care setting.
- Ensures all documentation is accurate and comprehensive in accordance with the established standards of care for documentation at the system and entity levels.
- Develops initiates and executes a patient plan of care according to the patient’s individualized needs, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy. Utilizes resources available to teach and support patient and family education. Provides education to the appropriate level of understanding.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, which may include shared governance.
- Utilizes clinical expertise & guidance to other units/departments in support of the patient’s longitudinal plan of care. Acts to resolve systems breakdowns and engages self and others in providing solutions
- Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience, manages complex situations and delegates to other staff appropriately. Escalates to the appropriate chain of command as needed.
- Positively influences the professional and organizational environments and shared governance.
- Engages in personal development and supports system-entity opportunities for continuous learning and growth including developing or revising evidence based practice guidelines.
- Supports and participates in peer review and peer feedback opportunities.
- Participates in the professional nursing continuum
- Clinic and Ambulatory RN’s will maintain timely flow of patients, in addition to responding to telephone calls and performs telephone triage of patients.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or upon hire BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program May require specific years of applicable experience to qualify (per department guidelines). If hired prior to 1-1-14 in Winnebago County and prior to 9-1-14 in Rock, Walworth and McHenry Counties an ADN only is required.
Licensed as an RN in state of practice Approved BLS certification required within 90 days (Other certification per unit requirements: ACLS, PALS, PEARS, NRP)
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
RN Hospital, RN Home Health and Hospice, RN Oncology: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
RN Clinic and Ambulatory RN’s: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality - Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering - Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost - Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.