Founded in 1955 Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed acute care nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services including the Leavey Cancer Center a cardiovascular center stroke center the Center for Assault Treatment Services a pediatric medical center and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9000 physicians 62000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Intern/Student - Clinical Laboratory Services
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
We are seeking Clinical Laboratory Scientist Intern to join our team. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist Intern (Student) is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner with respect and dignity. Under the direction of the Laboratory Directorr, Laboratory Supervisor. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist Intern (Student) is assigned the responsibilities to perform but not validate moderate and high complexity testing as determined by competency assessment according to 42 CFR 493.1425 and 42 CFR 493.1495 of analyzing the sample by standard procedures collected from a patient upon the request of a physician; recording and transmitting results to the physician initiating the request by standard means of communication in the laboratory and being proficient in the laboratory section(s). Responsibilities
- Accountable for notifying the physician and/or nurse of critical values and documents those notifications.
- Maintains good interpersonal relationships with customers during daily interactions.
- Hospital and departmental customer satisfaction standards are adhered to at all times.
- Accountable for the performance and recording of necessary quality control to include knowledge of calibration methods for standardized tests.
- Perform external and internal departmental proficiency surveys and complete the appropriate documentation as required.
- Performs daily workload recording and statistics. Perform various quality control tasks and computations to include, but not necessarily limited to, precision, linear regression analyses, etc.
- Quality assessment and improvement activities will be used for performance appraisal criteria.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records and observes patient rights at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility in work schedules by working variable hours/shifts/days as requested by Laboratory Director, Director of Laboratory Services or Supervisor.
- Be flexible with short notice changes in hours and/or duties.
- B.A. or B.S. required and will be graduating from a CLS approved CLS training program within one year.
- Continuing education lectures and courses to keep knowledge current as required.
- Enrolled in CLS Training program at California State Dominguez Hills.
- Training in Hematology Chemistry Blood Bank Microbiology Immunology and Serology as applicable.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist Trainee License required.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interns must successfully pass the ASCP or AAB certifying program for California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License within six (6) months of graduating from a California approved CLS training program.
- Must have current Fire Safety cards. (obtain within 90 days from start date)