Department: Medical Oncology- 5W
Schedule: Registry I, 7PM-7:30AM, 9 shifts per 6 week schedule.
In House Registry Nurse I (Unit Based)
In House Registry Nurse I nurses are bargaining unit nurses who report to a unit manager, with the following commitment:
1) The nurse shall agree to work, when needed, a minimum of nine (9) psted shifts in a six (6) week schedule.
2) The nurse shall agree to work, when needed, three (3) weekend shifts in a six (6) week schedule.
3) The nurse shall agree to work two (2) tracked holidays of the manager’s choice.
Hospital: Ascension Saint Joseph Benefits
Location: Joliet, IL
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Nurses hired after May 23, 2014, who have a diploma or an associates’ degree in nursing will be required to be accepted into a BSN program within six (6) months of the nurse’s hire date. The nurse will be required to complete a BSN program within three (3) years of his/her hire date.
- Two to four years of clinical nurse experience preferred.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois delivers compassionate, personalized care throughout Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. As one of the largest health systems in Illinois with 15 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. Join a diverse team of more than 17,000 associates and more than 600 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.