To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A Professional Registered Nurse who is accountable for the planning and administering of direct nursing care to patients in the Operative Suite, and in accordance with the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Nursing Practice. The Association of peri Operative Room Nurses (AORN).
- 1. Clinical Competence in Patient Care
- 1.1 Complies with patient safety standards.
- 2. Safety Administers Medications and IV Therapies
- 2.1 Adheres to the 5 R?s of medication administration. Is proficient at using the Pyxis for medication withdraw.
- 3. Professional Behavior and Growth
- 3.1 Demonstrates evidence of professional growth by education thru attendance at seminars and in-services related to field of practice, and on hospital and unit committees.
- 4. Fosters Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 4.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 5. Identifies and Contributes to Performance Improvement Opportunities
- 5.1 Participates in performance improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities for improvement, looking at best practices.
- 6. Appropriately Utilizes Resources
- 6.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off request. Keeps current on late, tardy and Absenteeism thru Kronos Attendance Module.
- 7. Supports Activities for Exceptional Customer Service.
- 7.1 Demonstrates a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 8. Circulator
- 8.1 Identify needs supplies and equipment to prepare OR Suite for patient care; inspect OR Suite to determine if it is clean and equipment is in readiness for case.
- 9. Scrub
- 9.1 Scrub, gown and glove self and other team members for the procedure.
- 10. PACU
- 10.1 A. Airway management
- 11. Assess rate, depth, symmetry of respiration
- 12. Auscuifate chest
- 13. Provide adjunct airways and supplemental oxygen as indicated
- 14. Place pt. on cardiac monitor
- 15. Identify cardiac rhythm
- 16. Report and treat dysrythmias as indicated
- 16.1 C. Surgical site assessment
- 17. Observe op site ? note integrity of dressing and/or drains
- 18. Report abnormal/unexpected changes to surgeon
- 18.1 D. Prepares for and assists with other procedures, to include but not limited too:
- 19. Elective cardio versions
- 20. Nerve blocks
- 21. Prep?s and hair removal
- 22. Lidocaine infusions
- 23. Responds to met codes
- 24. Assists with Cataract and Minor Ortho cases in the Phase 2 area.
- 25. Rotates to ACU as assigned for Phase 2 recovery.
- 26. Stays current on McKesson Applications, including but not limited to (clinical care station, Med. Admin., Patient supply charging, HPF and ORM) as they pertain to PACU documentation.
- 27. Assists in transporting patients back to inpatient area?s.
- 28. McKesson/ Paragon Applications for all RN?s
- 29. During periods of room downtime (no cases) log onto ORM test and practice issues that you are not comfortable with or don?t do every day.
- 30. Has the ability to log into ORM and into correct patient for intra op charting.
- 31. Is able to navigate the electronic record freely, with interruptions and doesn?t have undue delays.
- 32. Enters all data appropriately and correctly, including but not limited to ( Correct ? Participants, Times, Care Plan, Time Out, Wound Class, Medication times) and closes out the record before getting out of it.
- 33. Adds remarks to the paper copy of the case card about items or changes, for later editing.
- 34. When on call can correctly add the case to the system with the correct patient and visitor id and correct procedure or do a new/from if one isn?t available.
- 35. Drops unused items down off of the case card as unused or wasted.
- 36. Knows how to troubleshoot issues during documentation or knows who to call if you can?t.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2-3 years med/surg experience preferred or previous experience in the operating room environment.
Must have and maintain current licensure in the State of Rhode Island. RN, BLS Certification and must obtain ACLS certification.
YNHHS Requisition ID