Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans
– to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. The RN will function within the Mayo Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN. The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources. The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects. A subset of employees may be required to drive their personal vehicle as a part of the responsibility of their role.
This role is eligible for TN sponsorship. Holders of F1 status eligible for post-completion OPT are welcome to apply. This role is NOT eligible to participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program. Successful sponsorship will require state licensure and completion of the Visa Screen or equivalent certification.
During the selection process you will participate in a virtual (pre-recorded) interview that you can complete at your convenience. During the virtual interview, a question will appear on your screen, and you will have time to consider each question before responding. You will have the opportunity to re-record your answer to each question — Mayo Clinic will only see the final recording. The complete interview will be reviewed by a Mayo Clinic staff member and you will be notified of next steps as appropriate.
Reasons to become a part of our team:
- Great teamwork (that’s the “T” in our RICH TIES!)
- Cardiac overflow unit - every bed is telemetry capable
- Safe staffing ratios – staffing based on patient acuity
- Unique opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration with our transplant providers
- Career/Educational growth opportunities
- Graduate of an accredited associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA).
- All entry-level associate degree registered nurses must provide documented evidence of program completion of the baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program within five years from the last day of the month of the RN start date.
- A minimum of 1 year of Registered Nurse (RN) experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills required, prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends and on-call.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communicator, and excellent critical thinking skills.
License or Certification:
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Additional state licensure(s) and/or specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
$38.34 - $57.54 / hour Benefits Eligible
Full TimeHours/Pay Period
Day Shift Hours; 0730-1700 7 - 9 hour shifts per pay period; days vary. Weekend Schedule
Weekend call and call required. International Assignment
Just as our reputation has spread beyond our Minnesota roots, so have our locations. Today, our employees are located at our three major campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, Jacksonville, Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and at Mayo Clinic Health System campuses throughout Midwestern communities, and at our international locations. Each Mayo Clinic location is a special place where our employees thrive in both their work and personal lives. Learn more about what each unique Mayo Clinic campus has to offer, and where your best fit is.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.