Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
Nursing Assistant - Inhouse Registery Unit
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
The Inhouse Registry unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Nursing Assistant for the Inhouse Registry unit to provide basic patient care in accordance with the patient’s individual needs, Hospital policy and standards of patient care.Responsibilities
- Adheres to established Hospital/departmental policies and procedures, objectives, Quality Assessment and Improvement Program, legal, safety, environmental, infection control standards and Patient's Bill of Rights
- Documents and performs all activities of daily living or as directed by the registered nurse for other patient care needs.
- Performs basic patient care procedures in accordance with the established plan of care, as appropriate and complies with safety and infection control policies and initiatives.
- Provision of patient care includes but is not limited to: vital signs, circumcision care, cord care, assist with maintenance of skin integrity, maintenance exercise, passive range of motion, assist with placement of mask/cannula and tubing, bed baths and showers, oral care, reinforces grooming, dressing, shower and bathing techniques, colostomy maintenance; turning patients, transfers to and from bed, toilets and showers, deliver, set up and collect food trays and nourishment's, reinforces nutrition education and feeding techniques.
- Contributes pertinent information for the development and revision of the patient's plan of care.
- Enhances the patient experience by using AIDET, HEAT and positive professional communication. Supports patient experience initiatives implemented on the unit and within the hospital.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model for new CNA/NA's.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- :At least one (1) year experience as a Nursing Assistant required.
- Acute care facility experience preferred.
- Current California Nursing Assistant certification requried
- Current AHA BLS card required.
- LA Fire Card required within 90 days of hire.
This position is represented by SEIU UHW and covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.