Attention current TriHealth employees:
Please apply for this position by submitting an online internal application via SuccessFactors. Please be certain to update your SuccessFactors Employee Profile prior to applying to this position.
Come and join TriHealth and our Staff RN Residency Program. We invite all new graduate RN's to apply.
- Medical Surgery
- Float Pool (Med/Surg only)
- Critical Care (ICU and Telemetry)
- Mother and Baby
- Observation Unit
We offer sign-on bonuses as well!
The Registered Nurse - Residency is a yearlong program paid by TriHealth as a part of our commitment to facilitate the successful transition of advanced beginner and new graduate nurses into competent and professional critical thinkers that are committed to the nursing profession. Allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience, application level knowledge to bridge the gap between school and practice, and opportunities to debrief in small groups for increased support.
The residency program consists of:
- 12 seminars (monthly) of 4 hours didactic and application. Curriculum focus on quality outcomes, professional role, and leadership.
- Clinical reflection time with trained facilitators.
- Evidence-based project completed as a group during monthly seminars.
- Evidence-based curriculum.
The goal of this program is to:
- Transition from advanced beginner to competent nurse.
- Develop effective decision-making skills.
- Provide clinical nursing leadership at the point of care.
- Incorporate research-based evidence into practice.
- Strengthen professional commitment to nursing.
The Registered Nurse - Resident applies the nursing process when providing direct and indirect holistic care to patients and their families. Collaborates, in a collegial manner, with physicians and other health care team members in meeting the patient’s needs. May delegate certain aspects of care to those under their direct supervision, within the scope of nursing practice.
In order to participate in this program, the Registered Nurse - Residents should be:
- A newly licensed RN in specialty areas where the Vizient PNR Program is a requirement or
- An RN with less than 1-year full time acute care RN experience prior to entering their RN role at TriHealth or
- An RNs with less than 2 years part time acute care RN experience prior to entering their RN role at TriHealth
Enrollment to this program is required. Attendance is imperative throughout the residency program.
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- Required to complete all elements of the TriHealth Vizient Professional Nurse Residency Program within 1 year.
- New hires to obtain their BSN within 5 years of hire.
- Preferred Certification in specialty / related organization (if applicable for the position)
- BLS/CPR (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Current, valid, unencumbered RN license in the State of Ohio.
- Up to 1 year of Clinical Nursing experience.
- Knowledge, judgment and skills derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences to meet complex health care needs at various stages of the life cycle.
You can also expect a comprehensive Benefits Package that includes but not limited to:
- First class Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Prescription drug coverage)
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Specialty Certifications
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Healthy Living Program: Earn Discounts on Medical Plan Expenses
- Fitness Centers
- Vendor Discounts
If you’re interested in joining our world-class nursing team, Apply today!
Registered Nurse, Staff RN, RN, Staff Nurse, Nursing Student, Nursing graduate, New Nursing Grad, New RN Grad
Job Title: New Grad Residency Program RN - Good Samaritan Hospital
Department Name: TRIS TALENT ACQUISITION
Location: Good Samaritan Hospital
Employment Status: Full Time Position
Shift: Shift Varies
Weekend Commitment: Yes
Holiday Commitment: Yes
On-Call Commitment: No