- Department: PACU / Saint Thomas Joint Replacement Institute
- Schedule: 3 x 12, Full Time Days
- Hospital: Midtown
- Location: Nashville, TN
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Follow aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluate patient's responses to treatments and interventions.
- Manage patient's pain.
- Anticipate case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients, provide interventions/treatments and
evaluate effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Evaluate learning needs of patient and family and provide age-specific and culturally appropriate
- All other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
Ascension Saint Thomas in Tennessee is one of the largest healthcare providers in the state. Offering rewarding careers across 12 hospital campuses and a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics, and rehabilitation facilities, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers, like you, to join us and influence care across our communities.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.