Medical 1 Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice.
Medical 2, is a 32 bed unit located on 8 Waldemere Tower and is a part of the six-unit Medical Surgical Division. Medical 2 was created as a new acute, inpatient unit in January of 2021 and has since created a culture of teamwork always striving for safe, quality patient care. The patient population on Medical 2 includes all adults eighteen years and older with any assortment of medical conditions, including but not limited to GI bleed, falls, altered mental status, pain, shortness of breath and any number of infections. With that, Medical 2 is an excellent place for newer nurses and techs to gain a wide variety of experiences and skill sets before pursuing a career in a specialty area or experienced staff to find their forever unit. Required Qualifications
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within five (5) years of hire date. Preferred Qualifications
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area. Mandatory Education
ASN/ADN Associate of Science in Nursing Preferred Education
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR Preferred License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
7a-7p rotating weekends.
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) - Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now - Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!