Orthopedics/Surgical Job Summary
Provides proficient, age-specific specialty nursing knowledge and skills based on established nursing practice standards for the orthopedic patient. Supports the organization’s mission and vision, promotes a positive image of the departments and the organization, and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery. Collaborates with multiple departments to facilitate moving the orthopedic patient through the continuum of care to achieve safe patient care, quality outcomes and a safe discharge disposition from the acute care setting
Orthopedic unit: Located on 9 Courtyard- a large, mostly private room, 36 bed unit and 9 Waldemere, a 32 bed unit. We provide care to adult patients with a focus on elective joint surgeries, pre and post operative fracture management, traumatic fracture management, as well as bone disorders, spine surgeries, complex infections of the bone, and a wide variety of medical and other surgical patients. Orthopedics is a fast paced and fun place to learn and grow for someone to healthcare and a great place to continue to learn and grow for experienced staff! Required Qualifications
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within five (5) years of hire date. Preferred Qualifications
- Require successful completion of Annual Total hip and knee joint replacement education/ programmatic requirements upon hire and then annually as outlined in the orthopedic total hip and knee education plan.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Prefer active membership of the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses (NAON) professional organization. Mandatory Education
- Prefer Orthopedic Nurse certification.
ASN/ADN- Associate Science in Nursing Preferred Education
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR Preferred License and Certs
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
7p - 7a rotating weekends
Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth.
Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights:
Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) - Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now - Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!