Ask us about your sign on bonus eligibility!
- Mercyhealth Janesville, Surgical Peds Unit
- Day Shift - FT position
- Every other weekend and holiday rotation
Cares for patients in the hospital setting under direction of nursing staff, by performing the following duties, supporting the nursing philosophy. May include weekends, holidays, day, evening, night, and/or on-call hours. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides patient care as assigned and per routine, according to standards of care, shift routines, and policies and procedures.
- Answers call lights in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Documents care provided according to standards.
- Maintains a clean work and patient environment.
- Maintains supplies, including scanning, stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Floats to various units based on identified patient care needs.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities.
Education and Experience
Completion of a CNA program.
Nursing Assistant Certification in applicable state.
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Function of the position with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations