Neurology Job Summary
The Clinical Care Coordinator I demonstrate the competency to provide patient care according to the age-specific population needs and assist in the management of patient care in the physician office setting under the direct supervision of a provider. Required Qualifications
- Require current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or National Healthcare Association (NHA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by the American Medical Technologists (AMT); or a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP); or a certified EMT.
Note: Experienced medical assistants with a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience, and with a certification from a certifying agency not noted above, or without certification, agrees to register with one of the currently accepted agencies for MA Certification and schedule a test date within 6 months from date of Hire. Test for certification may be beyond the six (6) month date. Certification must be received and presented to HR within 12 months of date of hire. Preferred Qualifications
- Require Basic Life Support/CPR certification; or must be obtained within thirty (30) days of hire/transfer date.
- Prefer one (1) year of clinical experience in an outpatient physician’s office practice. Mandatory Education
- Prefer experience with electronic practice management and electronic health record programs.
- Prefer the ability to demonstrate self-direction and initiative.
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of electronic practice management and electronic health records software along with skill in all Microsoft office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate Preferred EducationRequired License and CertsPreferred License and Certs
Flexibiity with starting and ending shift times. Occasional travel to Rand and Venice offices when needed.